Latest Work.


Last March the Banksias were in full bloom in my front garden. I played around with a variety of techniques to achieve the look of the blooms. Some of the backgrounds are dyed with Procion dyes. The brown background and edging is eco dyed. Hand and machine stitch embellish the wall hanging. The blossoms are a mixture of lino cuts, screen prints and overlays of one over the other.

Silver Wattle.

In May the silver wattle was blooming in my local park. I have used hand dyed fabrics and mono printed over them, using Inktense blocks and pencils. To create the ovate leaves and bright blossoms, I cut paper stencils for screen prints. More yellows were needed to complete the runner so I dyed some more fabric with the Procion dyes.


The pin cushion Hakeas started blooming in April. All the background fabric has been eco dyed. The seed pods are lino cuts. The blossoms are a mixture of stamps [created with adhesive foam, cut and adhered to a piece of cardboard] and lino cuts……cream print. The leaves are screen printed and appliqued. Eco dyed cord surrounds the individual pieces.


This image represents a hillside in Angorichina, covered with spinifex. This is in the Flinders Ranges in South Australia. The Spinifex plant is so exciting with its spikiness and way of growing. I have machine and hand stitched the plants over the image. Little walking trails are defined with a kantha stitch. Again eco dyed fabrics are used in the image and for the edging. Silks and cotton fabrics are used.

Comments are closed.